Kailiang96

LOCK UP WHEN CREATING OLAP CUBE

Anyone faced the same problem or have any ideas why would get lock up when creating OLAP CUBE? Thanks in advance.

- Kailiang96

Lili96

Do you have any error message shown ? Not sure about this, but maybe you can try when you creating your OLAP. make sure those related data used is not updating or in used in another application.

- Lili96

AlvinTan

The reason could be because your SAS OLAP Cube Studio is overloaded and stuck in process.

- AlvinTan

HuiLing

It may occur when a user has related data set opened for viewing. In a situation when one team member is reviewing the SAS data set directly from the shared location, and another team member is attempting to update the SAS data set programmatically, the data set will be locked for others regardless if it is opened from a LIBNAME which is established within a SAS session to reference the shared folder. The longer the SAS data is opened for viewing, the more likely a potential conflict arises from another user trying to write to the data set. Maybe you can try to make sure those related data used is not being viewed or updated by another user when you are trying to create your OLAP cube.

- HuiLing

Bjergsen

For me , I deleted my olap cube from my process flow in SAS enterprise Guide and it became "unlocked" . Im not sure if it will work for you as there may be other reasons I suppose.. Like server problems or overloading of data etc

- Bjergsen

Scottt

It could be relevant data sets are being used or viewed or it could be that the olap cube is opened or in use thus you are unable to create or edit the olap cube, make sure all relevant data that is in the olap cube is close or if you are editing the olap cube, make sure that the olap cube is deleted, if the problem persist, delete the olap cube before creating the updated version.

- Scottt

ChinHin

Make sure that all relevant data from the cube is close when you are editing the cube. It might be because relevant data sets are being used or viewed or opened when you are trying to edit the cube

- ChinHin

XavierLZH

Is your error message the following:

ERROR: File is already locked by another user.

ERROR: The physical cube cannot be deleted.

If so you might want to try disconnecting and reconnecting. In most cases it is because a user is actively viewing the olap cube.

Hope this helps!

- XavierLZH

OngChenYu

I am not sure which is your error , did the error say file being locked or did the file say that the cube cannot be deleted ?

One easy solution would be to close the cube in your SAS EG.

If it doesn't work , delete the cube in your SAS EG .

If problem still persist, off all your SAS programns .

I believe by then your problem would be solved. :)

- OngChenYu

ruonan

The reason is probably due to you opening your cube in your sas enterprise guide . Close it and try again , it should work ;)

- ruonan

Suhaila

Is it because you are currently viewing your OLAP Cube in your SAS EG ?

I think if you close your olapcube in your SAS EG your problem would be solved .

- Suhaila

AlvinYap

Have you tried closing everything related to SAS and then opening your OLAP Cube Studio to create your cube again ?

Could be due to opened EG and stuff like that or SAS Bug.

Cheers, +2 >_^

- AlvinYap
Cancel