Marcus

How do I solve this error in olap cube?

I can't seem to solve this error on olap cube is it because of the format, if so how do i change it?

https://postimg.org/image/6oq3eixm5/

- Marcus

yeeqinghew

You can try to change the format for the CardType to $50. :))

Hope this helps :))

- yeeqinghew

Scottt

Ensure output length does not exceed 256 or change the format of CardType

- Scottt

HuiLing

You can try to change the byte length for CardType to 256 bytes or lesser, since OLAP only supports up to a maximum of 256 bytes.

- HuiLing

AlvinYap

You are getting the error because the maximum length for member captions in a SAS OLAP cube is 256 bytes. Try reducing the bytes to below 256 bytes and your cube should be able to build successfully.

- AlvinYap

ChinHin

Hi you can try changing the bytes to less than 256 bytes as OLAP cube only allows up to a maximum of 256 bytes

- ChinHin

Lili96

Hi, you can try to change the format of the card type.

- Lili96

Bjergsen

You can try to reduce the bytes to a value below 256 as stated in the error , it can be done so when you edit/build your cube , and you scroll to the right side at the last second step of constructing the cube . I had this error but solved in recently . The reason is because OLAP cube only allows up to 256 bytes :( , so your solution to this would to be reduce the byte length .

Apart from ensuring that the Byte length is not above 256 , you can also change the format of card type , this is a very simple way to solve it .

Hope it helps !

- Bjergsen

155952D

You have to change the length of CardType to 256 or below in your ETL.

- 155952D

OngChenYu

Simple solutions to this , change card length of cardtype to below 256 . 256 is fine too but below is better . Another solution is to change the format of the card type . These can be easily done in a minute or less in your SAS Enterprise Guide , the place where you do your ETL .

- OngChenYu

ruonan

Make sure the byte length of cardtype is kept BELOW 256 or 256 .

- ruonan

Suhaila

Reduce byte length to <256 or =256 .

- Suhaila
Cancel